Friday, September 15, 2017

Know Better Foods

Ok so I debated putting this review up on a Friday, because Friday’s are reserved for favorite foods…

This is not a favorite food…

But in trying to keep it as real as possible for you I feel like I need to share my reviews, even when they aren’t totally awesome.

This is one of those reviews.

Before we get too far into this review please remember that all my reviews will be 100% honest and 100% my opinion… there may be things I didn’t like that you may love, or vice versa.  I’m just sharing my thoughts on all the products I’ve tried.

I haven’t gotten any of these products for free, but if I ever do I will let you know and I’ll still give an honest and thorough review.

I’m always on the search to find delicious foods that are healthy, or at least won’t break my protein/carb limits.

I started seeing ads on my Facebook for a company called Know Better Foods who has all kinds of snacks that are Keto friendly. 

While I don’t follow a Keto diet, I don’t mind trying out things that are Keto friendly because they will be low carb and high protein.

The ads I was seeing was introducing their new chocolate chip waffles.  Now I have been trying for a few months to make a delicious high protein waffle or pancake at home… I’ve had no success (yet)!

I noticed I could order a breakfast sample pack from Know Better Foods; it comes with their waffles, doughnuts (not pictured), bread slices, and pancake mix.



As soon as the box came, which it did come in a timely fashion, right on schedule with when they said it would come, I ripped into it to taste test these waffles.

I had been watching YouTube video reviews on these babies and I couldn’t wait to sink my teeth into them.

These products all have to be kept refrigerated, so they were shipped with ice packs.

My mom and I decided to have breakfast for lunch that day so we could try these waffles.  Half a waffle is one serving, but the nutrition stats are so good, you could get away with eating a whole waffle.  I also ordered their syrup, which was pretty good.

However the waffle left a lot to be desired.  I didn’t like the texture, and the more I ate the less I liked the taste.  It’s not something I plan to ever order again.



Also let’s talk about the syrup a little bit; it is touted as being only 1 net carb, which is HUGE.  And it was really good, so only have 1 net carb I was stoked.



However I’m not sure how they come to that conclusion.  I’m no carb counting master, but from the nutrition label it has 28 carbs listed and then 28g of sugar.  I don’t see any fiber or sugar alcohols that would indicate you would subtract to get net carbs.  This would mean it is actually 28 net carbs, which is way too much for my carb counting self. 



I could be reading it wrong, and if I am and someone out there knows why it’s only 1 net carb please let me know because as of right now I don’t plan on using more of that syrup!



Over all I was so disappointed because I was expecting delicious rich flavors.  Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t expect healthy foods to taste as rich and decadent as their not healthy counterparts.  However I do expect them to still be delicious.

I haven’t tried the pancake mix yet, I should do that soon but since everything else was just not good I haven’t had much of a desire to mix up the pancakes.

 

The doughnuts (not pictured) were the best in the pack, and they are the only product that got finished off.  However they weren’t good enough to make up for the other foods.

I won’t be ordering from them again, and I obviously don’t suggest you go running to try them out either.


So here I am still on the search for delicious low carb, high protein waffles… Do you know of any??

Until I find a delicious low car high protein pancake/waffle I'll just be enjoying my pancakes and waffles halo top ice cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment