Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Salsa Chicken

This is not going to be a food blog, but I do like to experiment with different recipes, and make them my own so when I find one that I absolutely love I'll share it with you guys on here :).

Salsa chicken might be the first thing I ever made in my crock pot, it's super easy and can be made in so many different ways.  The first time I made it I simply put in chicken, taco seasoning and salsa.  It was great... My salsa chicken has evolved a lot since then.  Last week I made some and I added corn, and black beans and it was sooo good! I loosely followed this recipe:

http://www.budgetbytes.com/2011/07/taco-chicken-bowls/

This has you making all your own taco seasoning, I just used a taco seasoning packet and it was delicious :).  So easy and when I ate these for dinner I made them into burritos, but then the next day when I ate it for lunch I put the salsa chicken over romaine lettuce and it was amazing! So many different variations for just one dish.  I'll probably end up making this several times a month.  The recipe I linked is for burrito bowls, and I've had it that way and they are good, but the night I made these last week my rice didn't turn out so I didn't use any rice at all. Also I just put in the chicken frozen, it cooks just fine in the crock pot, no need to unthaw it.

And for one good recipe I'll share one that I've made from pinterest that I didn't like as much:

http://www.alattefood.com/crockpot-salsa-verde-honey-lime-chicken-tacos/

This had all the potential, I was so excited to try it, salsa verde, honey and lime how could it get any better? I'm not sure if I did something wrong or what, but while the taste wasn't bad, it was way too soupy, maybe I didn't use enough chicken.  Maybe I used the wrong kind of salsa verde.  It tasted fine, I could taste hints of lime and honey and that was fun.

What's your favorite crockpot recipe?

PS Happy Birthday to my friend Natalie, and one day late Happy 18th to my nephew Austin... lots of great people were born in June!

No comments:

Post a Comment